Thursday, December 9, 2010

Dear Charlotte Brontë,

Dear Charlotte Brontë,


It has come to my attention that you have composed a novel by the title of Jane Eyre. I have commenced the reading of said novel, and I have a few comments to humbly convey to you.

First and foremost, I would like to say that I find your novel remarkably interesting. It seems to me that books are often filled with far too many useless details. In your novel, however, I have found that the details are truly important. The plot, also, is intricate and very interesting. I was drawn in to Jane's life from the start, and that attention never wavered. You created a vivid world that was enjoyable, though not perfect, as the worlds in books should be. I commend you for your talent and skill.

I also have an inquiry to make. When you were writing, did you intentionally include things like fire, color, windows &c an abnormal number of times, or were those just the things that often came to your head? Please don't misunderstand, I love the inclusion of the aforementioned things, I merely wonder if you intended it to be so. If you did intend to include them, what was your reason? To add meaning, make people ask questions, or another reason?


Thank you so much for your time. I appreciate the efforts you put forth into creating this marvelous book. Well done!


Humbly Yours,

Elise

1 comment:

  1. I love this post, Elise. Great questions: just make sure to let me know if ol' Charlotte responds!

    ReplyDelete