Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Persepolis Final Reflection

I really enjoyed reading a graphic novel as opposed to one with only words. I thought it added so much more room for interpretation and really made it more interesting. It allowed you to see what people were feeling and thinking by reading their expressions, not just what the author tells you they feel. It did make it more difficult though, because you had to really pay attention and notice things. However, overall I think it was really cool because two people could read the same book and get an entirely different picture of the novel, which allows for a lot of good discussion and helps to further the experience.

I definitely enjoyed reading this, for the reasons shared above. I also enjoyed the story itself. I liked that it was written by the person the events happened to, so I felt like she was a more reliable narrator. It was also really cool to read about a different culture and about real things that happened there. It wasn't just something made up for a good story; it was real, and that just leaps off the page.

I would recommend Persepolis for this class (and others). It teaches a lot about life, and about the way we read (and the way we can read). I think it's really valuable to do something different like this, especially when it offers a strong message like Persepolis does.

No comments:

Post a Comment