Tuesday, January 18, 2011

College Lit: A Look Back

College Lit didn't really end up being like what I expected. To honest, I didn't expect to read as much as we did. I have no idea why I expected that from a literature class, but I did. However, I'm really happy about this, becuase I love to read, and I don't have much of a chance to do it. This class reminded me how much fun it is.

I think the theme of the class was really relevant, too. A lot of us consider ourselves to be grown up, but I don't think most of us are there yet. It helped me realize that it's different for different people. No two people will grow up at exactly the same rate, which is probably a good thing. How sad would it be if all of a sudden a switch just flipped and bam! You were an adult. While it's difficult to grow up, at least we don't have to do it all at once.

Overall, I'm really glad I took this class. I learned a lot about myself and other people and a lot about reading in general. I feel better prepared for reading in college and reading in life. So what do you think? Did it help you? Would you tell an underclassman to take this? Are you glad you did? I am :)

No comments:

Post a Comment